Thread: Brunner
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 PM
RedMachine87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the5cats View Post
I haven't saw the last match but I saw that he got over 18'. Isn't that too much for a rookie? If he's in only for scoring, 1 goal and no assist is not really what you want for a center of the 1st line.
In the stats he is 101th. What are your thoughts about this?
He is playing on our 1a or 1b line, depending on your opinion. That is right around where his minutes should be, especially considering how dangerous Brunner has been. In the NHL you are not going to count on one or two guys for all the offensive production (unless you want to be extremely one dimensional and probably not very good). So it is not unusual, or bad, for a top six forward to play a lot of minutes and only contribute with a point or two. If your team has good depth the scoring will be spread out.

As for Brunner, I'm very happy with the progress I see him making. He was always talented, but you can now see him making adjustments to the speed and physicality of the NHL. That was the question, could he translate his skill to the NHL style? It is looking like the answer to that question is yes.

I was also impressed with the increased intensity on the forecheck from him. He looked like he was just waiting for the puck the first few games. But last night he was helping dig it out and cycle it with Mule and Z. It was also nice to see him score the way he did, by deflecting the puck, since that too hints at his skill level and ability to score in a number of ways.

Now he just needs to get stronger and work on his defensive game (he definitely has a few good mentors to learn from on the wings in that capacity).

RedMachine87 is offline   Reply With Quote