Thread: Value of: Marc Andre Fleury
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:50 PM
LetangBrassard23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
The reason why I say I would take Quick or Rinne over Fleury is because they would undoubtedly be upgrades over Fleury, but guys like Rask, Scnneider, Luongo, Nabokov, Anderson, Howard, etc. I don't really view as upgrades, not that they would be downgrades but I would rather keep Fleury, I mean at least he's proven he can win a championship. You can't say that about most starting goalies in the league.

I mean, out of all the starting goalies in the league right now, Fleury and Brodeur are the only ones who went to the Cup finals more than once. Brodeur has been playing for about 19 years if you don't include the 04-05 lockout years, Fleury has been playing for about 9 years.
I agree. There's an argument for Lundqvist and Rask but if you take any other goalie and put him into the Pens system, he will be giving up goals at a higher rate than he currently is. The Pens have been bad in front of him, force him to move side to side more than any other goalie, forget about back door plays. Fleury isn't the problem, the system is. That discussion is for another thread.

Lundqvist, Rask, and several others benefit from so many blocked shots, solid team defense in front of them, and few absolute defensive implosions that lead to prime scoring chances.

LetangBrassard23 is offline   Reply With Quote