View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:03 PM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
Next season is huge for this team in order to build momentum going into a new building. No way do I want to go with two unproven goalies next season.Ideally, we would re-sign Nabokov or replace him with another vet and give one of Poulin/Nilsson 25-30 games as a backup next year. The problem, of course, is DP. You can't keep three goalies on the roster all year, and you can't rotate that many either.

I think that next year the team will have an open competition between DP, Poulin and Nilsson. The only way I see that changing is if either DP gets hurt again or the Isles make the playoffs this year in which case I think they re-sign Nabokov.
Not for nothing, Lundquist was 24 when he came over from Sweden after a couple of years, I believe Poulin/Nillson will both be 23, with plenty of AHL experience, it's time. We have them for a reason. They need to be in the NHL, what do we keep them in the AHL till they are 30 ? They are old enough and experienced enough, and each have played NHL games. If Nabby wants one more season here, so be it, but I don't think he can hold up for more than THIS season, as a #1 goalie, He'll be 38 next season. man I can't believe I'm saying he's gonna be 38, I lived in Northern Cali for his first 5 seasons (2000-2005), and still think of him as a young goalie.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote