View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
hab 4ever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
No chance, well not at this point in time any ways. The last thing we need is an undersized defenceman. IMO, he's not a second round talent currently either. In another draft maybe, but in one as deep as this, certainly not.

I get that he's a Subban and that right there could increase his draft stock considerably. He's not as explosive as PK, not anything special defensively either (better than PK at the same age though). He certainly does have his moments that make you go "wow", but they are too few and far in between. He'd be a solid third round pick or great fourth/fifth rounder.

He's a good prospect, who's really improved as the season has went on, but combining our needs and the deepness of the draft I really don't think he's worth a top 60 pick for us.

If we are going down the route of undersized offensive defenceman, I'd personally prefer Trevor Murphy. He had a disappointing year up until he got traded from that awful Peterborough Petes team to Windsor, and he's started lighting it up. Wicked slapshot, skates very well, explosive and very dynamic with the puck and has a pretty good defensive game too.

I'm a huge fan of Carrier. He had an incredible start to the year and then something happened and started playing poorly in mid-November. Then he got a lower-body injury that he's been sidelined with since the middle of December, he's really had a rough patch lately. He was one of my favourite prospects because of how hard he plays, just goes out there every shift and brings it. I would love to pick him up in second, he fills a need and there's also that connection that you mentioned.

Can anyone give me any insight on when Carrier could be returning to the line up?
Word is early February. Probably 2-3 weeks from now as only Culek is expected back this week-end for Cap Breton