View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
PhxCoyoteFan
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnGBear1970 View Post
It's certainly possible, and perhaps he couldn't name them specifically without breaking some variety of rules, but why not say he was waiting for a couple of already-bound investors? SOMETHING would've been better than saying "I have investors, but I can't disclose anything about them." Also, if it is some violation of league by-laws to discuss business opportunities with people that are already part of an ownership group with another team, if there were ever a situation where Bettman et. al. would bend the rules, it'd be this one. It wouldn't surprise if those two were beside Jamison tomorrow afternoon in Glendale, but it may also just be two guys that decided 20+ years is enough time and cash out before Marleau and Thornton retire and make the franchise worth less.
I believe and DONT QUOTE me that Jamison was keeping everything close to his vest for various reasons.
Try and get NHL to lower price tag some, grab as many investors as possible without scaring any off, and also to protect the investors who sold shares of the Sharks in case they had doubts or something went awry. Lastly to not give any GWI or other Canadian funded lobby time to work their witchery. Yes you Darcy Olson you merc.