View Single Post
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Liver-Eating Johnson
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
I would hope he's not on the phone right now with any of those guys apart from Lemaire, who would probably just reiterate that he's happily retired.

The game has passed Keenan up, Crawford and Murray have never been good coaches. Crawford's obsession with Dan Cloutier was bizarre, to say the least, his analysis on TSN suggests he's not quite clear on what he's watching and Murray's teams have always demonstrated that they were less than the sum of their parts (dating all the way back to the Flyers' teams in the 90s who should have had more than one finals appearance).

Of the names that have been out there, the only one I like is Paul Maurice (Dave King's a smart hockey guy, but I'm not sure how up to date he is on current tactics in use in the NHL and their counters), but who the Hell knows the process of getting him out of Russia.
fair enough, those were just high profile coaches who were out of a job, who came to my mind. Of course, i think most are on the Maurice/King bandwagon thanks to indoctrination by KIRK. point being, i sure as hell hope that Shero is conducting his coaching search right now (even if he believes that Bylsma will turn it around). if a month from now, things haven't changed and only then does Shero realize he needs to start making some calls, he should start packing up his office as well.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote