View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:17 PM
kasper11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Not for nothing, Lundquist was 24 when he came over from Sweden after a couple of years, I believe Poulin/Nillson will both be 23, with plenty of AHL experience, it's time. We have them for a reason. They need to be in the NHL, what do we keep them in the AHL till they are 30 ? They are old enough and experienced enough, and each have played NHL games. If Nabby wants one more season here, so be it, but I don't think he can hold up for more than THIS season, as a #1 goalie, He'll be 38 next season. man I can't believe I'm saying he's gonna be 38, I lived in Northern Cali for his first 5 seasons (2000-2005), and still think of him as a young goalie.
Lundqvist's first season the Rangers had Kevin Weekes as the projected started. Lundqvist just outplayed him.

That is the exact plan I want the Isles to follow, have an established vet in place and one of the prospects backup. If Poulin or Nilsson can unseat the vet that would be great, but I don't want to count on it happening.

As a rule, I don't like handing jobs to prospects. Let outplay someone and earn the spot.

kasper11 is offline   Reply With Quote