View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I mean, 9 times out of 10 I think you would want two superstars on a unit together, but their preferred area of residence on the PP just overlap too much. I think this is where you need a coach with enough strength to stand up to them and say 'check your egos, it's not about one of you being better than the other, it's about winning.'

I think you can find enough talent with Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Kunitz, Kennedy, and Sutter to run 2 lines. It does mean having 2 Dmen on the points, but such is life. (Niskanen, Letang, Despres are fine there, and Martin is at least a calming presence back there)
He tried it for game 2 against the Flyers, and it ****ing worked. They scored a couple of PP goals (mind you they gave up a couple shorties but that had nothing to do with Crosby not being on the unit) and the Pittsburgh media lost it's mind.

I still remember the next day: Rossi, Dejan, coming on Madden's show and talking about how insane it was even though the team scored 2 or 3 ****ing goals on the PP. "You have to have Crosby and Malkin together, it's insanity" and that was the end of that.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote