Thread: Proposal: Brian Burke
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:40 PM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post

When listening to Avs interviews from management to players, they sound so full of themselves and very cocky. They make promises that they are going to be better, stronger, making the playoffs etc.. yet they seem to be worse every year.

After one win they make it sound like this team is the best team in the league, they talk about how they can win every game, then they go on losing the next few games where they don't even look like an AHL team.

When will Sherman realize this team needs some good d-men, when will he realize this team needs a better coach? who knows, maybe he realizes but his hands are tied and not much he can do about it, or maybe he's just not a good GM.
Literally none of this has happened.

How do you suppose he gets good D-men? Goes down the the "Top 4 D-men tree" and picks off a couple?

Bottom line is since Sherman has taken over he's managed assets decently well and this team has more skill than before.

I don't know why you expect every trade to bring in Star players. To get star players they either have to be drafted or you have to give up a star players. He has given this team a great core to build around in Duchene, O'reilly, Johnson, Varly, and Landeskog. He's beginning to surround them with the good pieces IE Parenteau, Mcginn, and Downie. On top of that we have a few prospects that are looking to make an impact.

This team will eventually compete, but owners have to be smart. I really like what Sherman has done so far. He's created a good core, actively tried to improve it, and hasn't sacrifice our future giving albatross contracts to free agents unworthy of them. I don't want a team like the Maple Leafs.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote