View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrain View Post
I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of EJ, but from what I have seen he has settled down and improved a lot.

Shattenkirks defense is wildly underrated here. He can battle on the boards with anybody. He is deceptively strong.

I would give Shatty the nod right now based on the fact I think they are comparible defensively but Shatty is way ahead offensively.
Yeah, the difference between the two for me is Shattys offensive ability. For whatever reason, EJs offensive output has taken a step back from his first couple of years. Some of it is certainly attributed to facing tougher players, but I think he just lacks great hockey sense, especially in the offensive zone. He can put the puck on another players stick, but his vision slow and uncreative; his shot is powerful, but he isnt great at putting himself in scoring positions.

Shatty is one of the best puck movers in the league, and has also been a great power play producer. He really adheres to the "best defense is a good offense" strategy, he is a fantastic puck handler.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is online now   Reply With Quote