View Single Post
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
If they got huge minutes, then how could they all be easy minutes? It's not the same when you're speaking about a number 1 center, who often has the other team's top line to play against. Not to mention the powerplay.
Well he said they were easy minutes. I don't think that means all his shifts were sheltered, but the stats prove that a lot of them were.

Not saying he's a terrible player, he isn't. He's a good hockey player, but he did get fairly easy assignments last year compared to other players.

Like I said, Karlsson had huge minutes, and they were pretty sheltered as well. Not necessarily a knock on either player, just a reality in respect to their ice time.
Karlsson thrived under sheltered minutes, so did DD. So it's not necessarily a bad thing. At home DD had pretty easy matchups, since the coach controlled the changes. On the road he struggled a fair amount in terms of production, if I recall correctly.

Having lots of ice time, and having sheltered assignments really aren't mutually exclusive in my opinion.