View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:52 PM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
I'm not sure if anyone has taken a look at Ryan Hartman yet but he's definitely worth a long look. Hard hitting, fast scoring winger with size. He is an all around player if I've ever seen one. Brings a lot of skill and energy. Hopes would have him fall to the 2nd round but I see him going from 20-30 tops. This will be a great draft to walk in with two firsts and address organizational needs properly.
Good little blurb about him on on http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/ in an interview with former NHL scout David Burstyn.

Quote:
Hartman has had no problem adjusting to the OHL as he plays a surly game and marries it with skill. At the beginning of the year he was more focused on being a pest and was the recipient of taking unnecessary minors. Since the middle of the season after a lengthy conversation with Coach Velucci, he has barred down more on his chances and played a more offensive game. The end result was increased confidence heading into the WJC and a subsequent gold medal to accompany the gold medal he received at last year’s U18 World Championships with the U18 USNDTP. Hartman also thrived at the Top Prospect game playing with Drouin and MacKinnon, finishing his checks and even engaging in a fight with fellow OHL’er Kerby Rychel. Hartman is slightly under-sized to play his game at the NHL level and he needs to improve on his skating however he shows great will and determination and already has an impressive collection of International gold medals as he is a winner.