01-30-2013, 01:57 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Thats Nashty View Post
"Lidstrom potential"

I love how Devils fans try to justify it by saying "he deserves to be playing top 4 minutes but they are playing the other guys to showcase them for a trade." Please. You don't showcase 10+ year vets. Other teams know exactly what they're getting if they actually wanted to trade for Tallinder/Volchenkov. If the coaches thought Larsson gave the team a better chance to win, you bet your ass he would be in the lineup.

Who knows though Larsson is only 20 and Lidstrom was a 21 yr old rookie. Still plenty of time to develop. Hopefully for us and the rest of the Atlantic he doesn't come close to being the next Lidstrom. Personally, I see him turning into more of a Sami Salo. Good at everything but not great at anything.

fyi Lidstrom scored 60 points as a rookie and never once was a healthy scratch in his NHL career.
Yep. Larsson is simply not good enough to beat those guys out. He'd be our #6 d-man (no WAY would he be beating out Stralman). Granted, all of the Devils d-men would be our 5/6 d-men, so it's not like he is being beaten out by great players.