View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 02:34 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I was only attempting to post a list of the people who left for various reasons.

Yes the Avs didn't offer a contract to Bruno, but reports were that he wanted to stay.

Lappy wanted to stay, but the Avs wouldn't budge on their offer.

The basis was that the Avs have a perceived value of these players, and won't budge on that perceived value. Whether that's fair or not to the player, that's always a case by case basis.
No doubt you could make the case for Avs would have been better off keeping some of the players they have let go, but I don't see how you can make the case that Avs have this history of being unreasonable and creating conflict with players over negotiations like Dater tries to do.

Disagreeing about the value of a player is perfectly normal and not an act of hostility. From either side. I don't think Avs are malicious here and I don't think O'Reilly is either. I do think them not being able to get a deal done reflects poorly on both sides here, when it's obvious there is a compromise to be reached. But I don't think it reflects poorly on either of them on a personal level, just as businessmen.

There is a fine line between being principled and being stubborn and it does seem, from the outside, that both sides are very close to being on the wrong side of it here.