View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:44 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
"Caps won't make the playoffs." Pierre LeBrun in an ESPN chat.

Hard to disagree given the way their best players have played to this point. They've got the look of a 7th spot sort of team at best and plenty of potential to finish 10th or lower.
Not to hijack the discussion, but the chat touched upon the Phoenix situation as well as the realignment discussion. Realignment discussion involves 4 divisions two with 8 teams and two with 7 teams, which makes some believe that the intent will be for the NHL to expand to 32 teams, 8 teams per division. Talk about diluting the quality of play on the ice some more.

Some of this discussion is based upon recent events such as yesterday the Markham City Group voting in favor to construct a 300+ million dollar arena that will sit 20,000 near Toronto, with the hope of attracting a second NHL team to the Toronto general area. Rather see teams re-locate then add. I know I've heard it on these boards before that FLA. has a really good stadium deal but at some point they have to realize that South Florida is just not a good professional sports environment unless you are the Dolphins or the Heat. Jamison (sp?) doesn't get the investors by tomorrow, I'd say the Yotes are history in Phoenix and say hello Seattle Metropolitans.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote