View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Sandwiches View Post
I don't care if Darche is better than Janssen. He's not going to make a difference whatsoever and he probably won't sniff more than 7 or 8 minutes a game. He's not going to score a bunch of goals and he's not exactly the next Selke winner out there either.

He's essentially what Jay Pandolfo was in his last year or so here. Except Pandolfo was actually one very serviceable which is why I didn't mind him.

Lou and Pete have seen Cam play enough to know what type of player he is going into the season. If they had to wait this long to think about signing Darche, then how helpful can Darche possibly be?

If the 4th line isn't going to play much anyway, I rather have someone entertaining like Cam on it than Darche. I'm not buying how good or helpful or how "solid defensively" Darche is.

Hell, bring back John Madden out of retirement or sign Pandolfo if you're really interested in Darche.
Darche is nothing like the current Pandolfo or Madden. The former actually has offensive and puck possession skill.