Thread: Proposal: Ryan O'Reilly to Anaheim
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
You want me to provide ice time for all those players for the past 3 seasons? Why?

You seem to be missing my point. I never said he couldn't play well with more ice time, I just said that he hasn't had that kind of ice time up to this point, so he's less proven if you will. That don't mean he can't get there, d-men take longer to develop as most people know, however that doesn't mean he will either.

O'reilly led the NHL in takeaways last season, was our leading scorer (55 points) and led all our forwards in ice time last season. How is this a 'fair trade' exactly?

O'Reilly did these things at age 21. Not bad for a "2C" as you put it.
You're cherry picking the years he was developing in, and ignoring where he fits in right this moment. No one here is claiming that Sbisa is going to develop into a number one. There's a reason why we're adding one of our best forward prospects to the deal. Sbisa probably tops out as a 2/3 d-man.

55 points are good second line center numbers. Why is it that you expect us to pay you off for what I'm assuming is the potential he hasn't hit, yet, but are more than happy to ignore the potential of the two players we're offering you? Sbisa isn't a finished product, nor is Holland.

Maybe this offer isn't what you're looking for. That's fine, but don't even think for a moment that you're getting lowballed. We are offering you a hell of a lot more certainty than what Boston got when they traded for Kessel, for the same value that Toronto thought they were paying.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote