View Single Post
01-30-2013, 04:06 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
To be fair, I believe the instances where players perform better in the AHL than they do in the NHL are far greater in number than the reverse.

But you're right. That presence seems right now what we need on the third line. If somehow Bourque and Pevs (or whatever combination you choose) could gel a bit, they might be able to use their craftiness to forge a decent tertiary attack. But I think it's more likely that a body to clear space has a better chance of being effective.

I'd just rather try Tardif at this point, than Caron. It's more... To me it's more of a matter of principle. Tardif is doing his best to earn a shot - he should get it. At least before Caron does.

The ideal solution in all likelyhood however, is outside of the organization.
I`ll be honest, and you probably know this but I`m a big Caron backer (his style of play perhaps not his attitude of which I know little of) so my position may be a touch biased but if I were to have my choice between he and Bourque (if Caron healthy), I`ll take a big body who`ll battle along the boards and stand a chance of winning most of them every day of the week before a guy who is willing, but not capable of it and from the small sample size of Bourque I have seen, it`s been unimpressive in regards to the ability on the wall.

That line isn`t a pretty one, hard working guys in Kelly and Pevs, hardly fancy, I don`t care whom they would call up, fact is, gimme a big body on a 3rd line to replace Bourque, or if size isn`t available, someone adept at winning those battles, hands down, Bourque`s biggest weakness. Board play huge, and that line is missing it.............big time

Say what we will about Pouliot last season, he was a big body and he worked the boards very well

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote