View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:27 PM
gopens66
25-66-92

vCash: 500
I have witnessed an obvious decline in order, cohesiveness if you will, since 08-09. In the stretch from then until now, we have seen key players miss major amounts of games. During this stretch we still managed to put up respectable, or better than respectable point totals. This overshadowed the growing lack of order. I have been patiently willing to give Byslma the benefit of the doubt, due to the lack of important pieces. Losing centers in Staal, Malkin, and Crosby for significant chunks of the past few seasons alone will create a lack of cohesiveness with the remaining players shuffling around and playing with lesser linemates. What I'm talking about, however, is not a lack of chemistry, it's the lack of an evident plan. Breakouts, neutral zone play, o-zone entry is all about seeing/knowing what the other team is doing against you, preparing for that beforehand with gametape, and formulating a counter(one that works). Do we ever see any change in what we're trying? I see us dumping the puck from our own zone with a forward tipping it at center red to avoid the icing, and then chasing. This happens all game long. This one "play" seems to be our all-in-one breakout/neutral zone/o-zone entry "plan" every game against every team. There is no wonder why we can look good enough in the regular season and bow out of the playoffs. Other teams gameplan over a seven game series, and we roll out the same "plan".

gopens66 is offline   Reply With Quote