Thread: Big Point Shot
View Single Post
Old
12-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
Montador gets less time than Regher, or Gauthier; of which he has a better point shot. I just think he could be used a little more on the PP, it could help.
Actually Montador averages 1:06 per game on the PP and Gauthier averages 0:34. Warrener is slightly ahead of Monty with Ference, Leopold, Lydman and Regehr leading the way by a fair margin.

On the Regehr topic I see his PP time this year as an investment in his offensive skills that will pay off down the line (later this year and for the rest of his career.) He's quite young and still improving in all areas so there's no point relegating him to be a stay at home defensemen when he has the potential to be a great all-around player. Also this allows you to play Regehr and Leopold together in every situation and let their chemistry grow without having to force them to adapt to different partners on the PP or PK then they are used to 5 on 5. It might be a little painful at times because it's a work in progress but I fully believe that it will pay off if we're patient.