View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Scurr
Bear G

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
I like your more complete analysis of Schroeder on the rush, but he does need to play inside the dots too. I must still disagree with your view of Schroeder's advantage (or lack there-of) from the static. He is smaller and quicker than most D he plays against. Drawing them close to him, then passing and moving quickly is to his advantage. How should get inside position on the every time. Plus, it's a low risk play, and he can stay on the defensive side.
I want to illustrate what I'm talking about with Schroeder.

Eberle challenges defensemen with his stick handling. He carries the puck out in front of him and dares the d-man to try and get a stick on it. It's dangerous because it can easily be poked off your stick and go the other way. Eberle and other elite stick handlers (Datsyuk comes to mind) get away with it, Schroeder should avoid it.

This is the kind of play Schroeder can and should make imo. Challenge d-men with speed and good puck protection. The puck protection is key, it really limits the risk of the puck going quickly the other way.

You can't get between the dots consistently without challenging seams in the defence. This is where Raymond has been much more effective. When he is playing with confidence he challenges those seams with good puck protection.

Last edited by Scurr: 01-30-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote