Thread: Proposal: Brian Burke
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
avsfan09

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
I already said how Sherman should get a D while it's not too late in this thread. Trade Stastny for one and sign O'Reilly. Why im saying while it's not late? because with every year Stastny's production goes down so is his value.

So when are we suppose to see improvement exactly? I don't know about you, but i don't consider missing the playoffs every year improvement.
We saw improvement last year. O'reilly broke out, landeskog showed his worth, Johnson played like a #1 for stretches, Varly was dominant down the stretch. All of this helped us compete for a playoff spot. We were a decent team last year, and that was without Matt Duchene, arguably our best player. We also add Parenteau who I think adds significantly to the team and Duchene's line.

If our team was healthy this year and O'reilly was here we would be in a better situation. It seems like your focusing way to hard on the negatives instead of the positives. The only place this team is really lacking is defensively. How do we know Sherman isn't actively trying to address this?

I'm perfectly fine with waiting for the right moment to compete. It may take a while to acquire the right assets but there's no reason to panick.

avsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote