View Single Post
Old
06-30-2006, 11:42 AM
habscout

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
Say, didn't Brett Hull say he would be interested in playing for Montreal a few years back, when his contract had just finished with the Red Wings? I'm sure Shanahan will stay in Detroit, and it's pretty likely he will retire there. I'm very confident of this. Jason Arnott is a possibility, and we could use a good centre to fill in on the 1A/1B line, since Ribeiro failed miserably at it last season. The problem with Arnott is that so many other teams could also use him, and there are very few top 2 line centres available as UFA's starting tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler
Why would we have to choose?? I would happily add them both to the lineup! We need a big scoring center and Arnott could fill that need. We also need a power forward until Latendresse and Kostsitsyn and fill the role for the habs and Shanahan can do just that.

Plus, Shanahan is a heck of a role model to have around. He gathered players and managers (including Bob Gainey) to discuss the new rules, went to the world championships to help the young team there, has been a key player on Stanley Cup winning teams and he has become one of the most respected players in the NHL. Having such a great hockey guy in Montreal would be an honor.

habscout is offline   Reply With Quote