View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 04:28 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
with respect, you told people "no hatred" which basically sounds like you didn't want criticism. So really people had no choice to post neutral or relatively positive reactions. I also believe that for the most part people want to be polite about it.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I am a big believer in constructive criticism, so forgive me if this violates your edict about hatred or anything but I feel that it needs to be said:

In theory the concept is interesting. As a sort of frankenstein-like fusion of concepts it might work. But I mean frankenstein in the sense of the jersey looking like it's pulled together out of multiple jerseys that and the pieces from each jersey are identifiable as both individual elements and fit cohesively into the whole product. What you've done is just a mish-mash of different things thrown onto a blank jersey. Take the jersey-front crests of each team and combine them somehow instead of throwing tiny logos of each onto the front. If you're going to do striping make the stripes look like they belong together instead of 3 drastically distinct and different stripes sitting next to one another. And make the numbers in a way that looks like they're whole pieces instead of random patchwork.

Again, I mean this with all due respect and with the hope that you take the suggestions as impetus to refine the idea instead of just "hating on" the concept, but I think there's a lot of refinement to be done before you end up with a good finished product. What you have so far feels more like "I want to do this, and this, and this, and have these, and this too. Oh and these!" and it all ended up on the canvas at the same time. There's just nothing that ties it all together so that it looks like it all belongs on the same sweater.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."

Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote