Thread: Ray Shero
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Guys, even after Suter/Parise fail, there were some options. Not gonna mention them all, but what about PA Parenteau or Damien Brunner. Brunner signed 2-way contract with Detroit on a very reasonable price. No surprise, he´s doing well. Shero didn´t give it a ****. I am sure there were some other options as well.

I am very embarrassed with what we have now. Giving a shot to youngsters like Tangradi may be fine, but we want a success ASAP and those are very risky experiments. And they´re failing so far.
I'm pretty sure that Brunner had to have a 2 way contract as it's an ELC. So there was only so much money that could be offered.

I'd rather him have gone after Semin, or Mueller, or someone like that and it not work out and we end up trading/waiving them, then not getting anyone and relying on our very shallow prospect pool

As for the prospects, I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand I'm glad we kinda gave Tangradi a chance. I'd rather try and see that it doesn't work, then guess that it doesn't work, and lose the player (like Strait) only to see that it might have worked if we'd only tried.

But I still would have taken a shot at a bunch of reclamation projects/forwards. Hell, I even would have taken a shot at Tim Connolly when he was on waivers. Worse case is it didn't work out, and the Pens wasted 2.3m (his prorated salary for a 48 game season), and a contract spot... that's it. Where's the down side? Best case is he turns into a productive player playing the 1st PP and a top 6 role (wing).

"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote