View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Mithrandir
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
And you answered your own question being the guy had the flu and missed the majority of that joke the NHL called training camp.

Anyway, thats not the point. The point is, the guy is 32 years old so you can expect him to lose a step or two in the coming years. However, he has a skill set that isnt predicated on physical attributes. I think he'll be a solid contributor for a long time.

And I hope he is. I mentioned earlier in the thread I would be a lot bigger fan of Richards' (which is not to say I am unhappy with him) if the errant cross-ice passes on the PP would cease. He is an elite passer and it's maddening how many times he passes the puck back across the blue line when going cross-ice. That may seem nitpicky and it's probably just something that really grinds my gears personally, but for a guy who is going to continue to thrive even when his physical attributes begin to deteriorate, I'd be happy to see those kinds of things cease. Again, I'm perfectly happy with Richards overall, as indicated in virtually every post I've made in this thread, but I just don't think he's as good as some believe.