View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
If all our current defensive prospects end up failing in the pros, I would hope everyone in management, scouting, and talent development get the heave-ho. Despite the fact that guys like Elliott won't necessarily be termed "busts" due to his draft position, but a lot has been invested in their development nonetheless. Their failure will set this rebuild back by more than a couple years.

That said, I'm reasonably confident we'll get a viable NHLer out of the current blueliner crop. But it's to be expected that at least one of them won't pan out.
I think we might get 2 out of the 4 main prospects developing into good NHLers for us. My money is on Elliott and Siemens, given time. Barrie was obviously great in the AHL this year but Elliott showed flashes of how dynamic he could be in the NHL last year and just needs to get stronger/more experienced. I think he's still the better bet. I have no expectations for Gaunce at this point.

I agree with whoever said above that I wish we had taken Baertschi over Siemens.