Thread: Ray Shero
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Terrapin

vCash: 500
I've got mixed feeling on him. He's made good/great trades. He's signed a lot of scrubs that didn't work out. He has yet to find a winger for Sid. And his drafts are questionable at best.

My problem with him specifically is the overall grit and toughness of this team has declined each year, leading us to what we have currently. Which, IMO, and as evidenced by last night, is a bunch of ball-less, heartless pansies. Remember when we used to 'get to our game', 'grind ****ers down', cycle, and hit everything that moved? Guys like Roberts, Guerin, Rupp, Talbot, Asham, etc have left, and basically replaced with guys like Jeffrey, Adams, Vitale (who I do like), Kennedy, and a completely worthless Matt Cooke.

Shero used to field teams that are just flat out menacing to play against. They could beat you with skill and/or they could beat you by grinding you down. I honestly don't remember seeing one single check last night. You think any of the guys I listed above would have stood there and watched their teammate get his head slammed through the boards in a 4-0 game on home ice?

Terrapin is offline   Reply With Quote