Thread: Ray Shero
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Gooch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
You are right, some including myself might be harsh. The thing about other GMs though is that many of them don't have what Shero started with as a foundation. Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Whitney, Gonchar, and a 2nd overall pick? Goligoski coming up? Letang?

He was smart that first year to just take it kind of slow and fill in the roster with capable players instead of jumping the gun like someone like Burke would've done. I'll always give him credit for that. There's two sides to this story though. After the Cup it leaves a little to be desired. Contracts like Cooke and Kunitz were brilliant moves. If the Cup is the focal point however things have been moving a little too slowly the last few years.
Lol, I had to do a quick google to look up Kris Letang's draft year because this whole time I was attributing him as the only successful Shero drafted player and now he's not. So what's that leave in the drafting/development area? Absolutely nothing, we have had absolutely no impact talent that is homegrown his entire time as GM which has been for 5 years... not counting the 2nd overall pick that was the no brainer and some say not even the best of the available options. I think that's beyond abysmal and those who want to cherry pick the trades that work out seem to gloss over his absolute HORRIBLE drafting and developing that has gone on under his watch.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote