View Single Post
01-30-2013, 05:13 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post

The Mayans also predicted the end of the world in December. Oh ****, things are looking terrible.

Oh doom and gloom, blah blah blah.
I think you people mistake my responses as "doom and gloom". They weren't meant that way at all, I think we have a decent core and will be able to compete, just as we had a solid core before Holmgren made all these shakeups. I was simply saying Homer is far from the best GM. You can have a <crappy GM and still be in contention every year. Homer started with a very good core. That core was a goalie away from winning in 2010. Now we have a ton of promise but those promising players are also question marks. Sean Couturier's offense game could never come around. Brayden Schenn could be another JVR or even worse a total bust. Jakub Voracek could end up being nothing more than the player he was in Columbus, a 45-50 point winger who cannot shoot. These are all distinct possibilities that nobody wants to acknowledge. I don't believe that all of these are true and I certainly don't want any of them to be true. I think Couturier will be a star and I think Schenn won't bust, but anyone who wants to act like we 100% have a great core of players is kidding themselves. We won't know for another year at minimum.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 01-30-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Fixing quotes