Thread: Carl Hagelin
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:13 PM
NYRantLftyC19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Was at the game last night, sitting near the offensive zone for the 1st and 3rd periods. Hags was absolutely flying. You could see the impact his speed had every time he was on the ice, and it was even more apparent than it is on T just how much faster he is than most other guys.

I remember one play in particular where he was near the right boards, where both of our other forwards and a couple of Flyers were digging for the puck. The puck squirted to a Flyer, who sent it around behind the net, where their dman collected it. Hags got from one side of the ice to the other so fast that the dman, who originally appeared to have all kinds of time, was pressured into a sloppy pass that we picked up again in the neutral zone. He made those kinds of plays all night.
I saw and noticed the same things on that play. It is his sophomore season, and he's still growing as a player, especially in consistency and patience. I thought he started doing what we saw here consistently after he took the penalty, felt really guilty, and then got yelled at by torts. His speed is a great asset and fits our team perfectly as we saw on that play. He'll get more consistent, i'm sure.

NYRantLftyC19 is offline   Reply With Quote