View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinhockey View Post
As far as future destinations I believe Seattle and their NBA combo will get the next relocation...just hope not us.... Toronto north and Quebec City will get the next 2 franchise expansions as the NHL will charge them a hefty fee to come in. My thoughts echoed by NHL media types who feel even stronger about this. Seattle has been my thought. The rest Not my original idea
It would certainly make a lot more sense to maximize revenues and profitability for the entire league, all 30 teams to receive unencumbered Expansion Fee's from Southern Ontario & Quebec, no question about that. Fact is, we really dont know what the destination might or might not be should Jamison fail to close, extension refused, announcement made by Jamison & the NHL tomorrow or Friday "still working on it" until the lights dim, last game of the truncated season over. Maybe they can cut a deal with the new Council, including an out clause, lowered Arena Management Fee, franchise is portable within 36-49mnths if targets arent met (coinciding with the opening of brand new facilities in Quebec & Seattle come 2015). Anythings possible if this deal craters. Not the end of the World. Birth of a new reality. Never give up hope Coyote fans.