Thread: Derek Stepan
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:58 PM
dethomas07

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
I think what alot of the hater's are missing is: Tort's is happy as a Pig in Poop to win these games 2-1. That's his style..That's what he want's.. He won't allow the Creative player's to be Creative, he want's these guys down low blocking shots, dump and chase, and the like. I'm sure the younger player's especially, are scared poopless to make a mistake, so their more focused on playing D..I'm sorry fella's not many 40 goal scorer's in the history of The NHL were also Selke winner's.. Ya seen @ his presser how much class the guy has calling the younster Hagelin out in front of The world..IMHO C. Hagelin-D. Stepan-C.Kreider-J.T Miller-C.Thomas- on and on will never score consistently until either Tort's is canned or the player gets traded. If you are expecting that from this group, you might want to get used to it or Take up bowling.. Good or bad this is Tort's style. It's his Team...Also IMHO i personally think Hagelin- & Stepan have played pretty well and much better than several of the other forwards in the last 2-3 games.. This team has far more pressing issues than these two as far as i can see.
well said..i couldn't agree more, however i can argue that if you look at MDZ..Torts kept him on a short leash, scared the crap out of him his sophomore year and he became the player hes suppose to be.. torts demands perfection and the best out of everyone, its part of the process for young players to know they did bad, and to expect better.. Hagelin was praised by torts on the bench during last night game...he just said that in the presser because he never sugarcoats anything..he wears his heart on his sleeve exactly how he depends his players to act and play the game..