View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
In 5 years they will be the veterans on the team and be some of our top producers of course if Sven, JG, Janko etc work out it won't be as big of a deal but I don't like banking on them to make it. I know Feaster says he wants 25-28 year olds but I would like to see this team to target at 21 year old when they can.
Minor point but in five years, Wideman would be in the last year of his contract while Hudler's would have expired the year prior. And while both of them may have some of the longer contracts in the organization, neither are really pieces that would constitute building blocks. They're support players at best.

But yeah, I don't disagree on targeting younger guys when possible. The new NHL is increasingly becoming a young man's game. In this case though, I just don't think O'Reilly's potential justifies the kind assets the Flames would have to give up to get him. The Flames aren't really in a position to give up a defensemen for a forward, but they can easily afford to move a winger for centre.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote