Old
01-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Two things:

1) sounds like exactly the kind of game Winnipeg plays. North-south, quick break out and drive hard to the net to set up open areas in the slot. Our team is bush league compared to elite teams at creating chances off the cycle but are dynamic off the rush.

2) comparable player?

Winnipeg isn't afraid to take low risk reclamation projects/cast offs. Brett MacLean, Clitsome, James Wright, Mike Peluso and Miettinen were all snagged off waivers alone. Not to mention Wellwood was darn near out of the league before last fall.

Machachek and a 3rd is the highest I'd go though. If he was a sure fire top sixer already there'd be a gold rush to get him...or so I'm assuming...
If anybody thought Moulson would be a top 6, he would gotten more than a twoway contract for league minimum from one of the worst team's in the league. If anybody thought Purcell would be as good as he is Kings would have gotten more than a rental 4th line C for him + a 3rd round pick.

Loktionov is a HELLUVA lot more than a reclamation/cast off. He is a solid top 6 prospect stuck behind a glut of veterans in LA. He is a less good defensively, more straight forward Burmistrov. Better playmakers, not quite as strong on his skates. He would be a large improvement on Wellwood right now, with plenty of upside. Think Wellwood with better vision, better shot, better defensively, harder worker.

I'd easily give CHI 2nd + Machacek. I want Machacek gone, Jets have ****ed him over way too many times, he deserves better, LA is a team that would appreciate his grit and effectiveness in the cycle game.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote