View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 06:44 PM
Riptide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinzerpenguiN View Post
What it really comes down to is most teams don't have the luxury of two number one centers,(maybe LA) and there both getting paid like that to, so getting weapons for them on the wing will be a major problem, 30-40 goal wingers also don't come cheap,your best bet is to ride it out with what we got and hope the 3rd and 4th line guys start chipping some goals in.

I think are defense is way worse than are forwards and I still would rather have that top D guy who can do it all. A Ryan McDonagh would be a great fit,but I know the rangers would never part with him.
We could have afforded Ryder at 3.5m. We could have afforded Semin at 7m (although I only would have done so on a 1 yr deal - but would have paid 5m on a 2-3 yr deal).

I agree we'll be hard pressed to fit everyone in if we went after another allstar winger. But that's not what most of us are asking for. We're just asking for an upgrade over Dupuis and whatever 3rd/4th line grinder that we put on Geno's other wing. This shouldn't cost more than 3-5m, and would make a huge difference in how our attack looks.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."