Thread: GBU: What Can You Do
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 06:53 PM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
Were I in Ruff's shoes, here's what I'd tell the team: "Since the NHL won't help us, we must do the job ourselves. Here's what you do: Don't announce it, show up, kick Brown's ass and accept whatever punishment the league gives you." There would be a sign in the locker room: Attack one of us, you attack ALL of us.

I nominate Marcus Foligno as the person to get the job done on Mike Brown. Hell, he's already fought half the Leafs' roster in his time up here! Frattin knows not to mess with him. So does Mark Fraser. May we hope that Brown becomes just another victim.
I partially agree. You cant just be a team of thugs and frankly we dont have the personnel to be one, however this team's "intensity" if you will is baffling.

One second or one period for that matter we are flying around hitting everyone engaging physically sticking up for our guys then its like something clicks in the players and/or lindy's head and we completely revert to our old style of play. If we remained physical an entire game we'd be the ones wearing the opposition down and scoring those late goals rather than being scored on late.

Its not just the fighting, though I do think buffalo needed to do more than let weber try to fight...its the physical mentality, the hitting, the shot blocking...id kill to have a Blues or Rangers mentality where the other team isnt even given the luxury of getting shots....shots on net need to be earned-period.

DJN21 is online now   Reply With Quote