View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
This thread title made me want poutine.
Had one for lunch, this thread may or may not have influenced that decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Possibly. I wonder once Mittens comes back if they would try Mittens in place of Wright, and Peluso in place of Thor?

Peluso could handle some of the toughness lost with Thor, but Mittens might be able to improve on Thors work on the PK?

Really depends if Peluso can handle Thors role though. For my comment about not being impressed with him, at this stage at least he is an NHL'r, where Peluso hasn't played a game yet.

Maybe replace Wright with Mittens, and let Mittens play with Slater and Thor and also take Thor's role on the PK?
My feeling is that you're going to see more of Ladd and Little on the PK. They've hardly been used in that role this year, but I think that's probably the best solution for the time being. Real noticeable improvements on the PK probably won't be seen until Bogo is back healthy (so we won't have Clitsome killing penalties any longer ).

While I agree that Peluso may not be able to handle Thorburn's role, the Jets are going to need to find out sooner or later. And really, the role consists of getting the puck deep, hitting, getting the puck chipped out of your end, and fighting if need be. If Peluso can't handle that role in the short term, then it's clear he has no business being on an NHL roster. Also, I'd much rather have Peluso coming in for Thorburn than for Wright, who has impressed me in his limited ice-time.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote