View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Some Other Flame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
What is it about Canadian teams exhaustively over valuing their players?

First of all, behind Morrow, I believe Harrington is our most valuable d prospect. He will fill a MUCH NEEDED gap and give us something we've been missing since 08-09...a shutdown dman. To get him...yeah its gonna take quite a bit. Certainly more than an aged Iginla. No offense.

Going the other way you're looking at a roster player, prospect, and a pick. TK + Dumoulin + 2nd is the type of package you will see. With the draft rules changing, I think you will see 1st's become much more valuable even in weak drafts.

2 premier Pen's D-prospects and 1 (or 2!!!!) 1st's...that is garbage and Shero would never mortgage the future for that return. Not a chance. The Iggy of 10 years ago, probably. 5 years ago, maybe. Today? No.

Given what I've seen Flame's fans wanting in return for Iggy, I believe you are going to be VERY disappointed in what you get in the event he is traded.
I think the better question is what's going on with the drinking water in Pittsburgh to make their fans actually think other teams will just gift them their best wingers for the Penguins trash and spare parts?

If Iginla is traded to the Penguins, not only will their fans be shocked at the price, they'll set the record for the quickest turn around when they start saying they picked up Iginla at a bargain.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote