View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

vCash: 500
What I'm most curious about when it comes to Bogo is what his next contract might look like. He had a good year last year but his numbers weren't jaw-dropping, and now he's going to play a portion of an already shortened season (small sample size). Obviously how he plays this year will be a big factor, but it will be an interesting negotiation none-the-less.

Is it a one year contract that allows Bogo to prove what he can do over a full season? Is it a long term contract? If it's the latter, what kind of numbers should we expect? Obviously I'm pulling for Bogo to play lights out when he gets back but if he struggles somewhat, the silver lining for the organization is that they might be able to lock him up at a very reasonable price. Again, let me re-iterate that I AM NOT HOPING FOR THIS!

Say he comes back and puts up 10 points in 30 games and plays just below how he played last year defensively -- would 5 or 6 years at $4m per be out of the question?

Worst case scenario would be a 2 year deal which would take him to UFA status. Chevy needs to sign him to a 1 year deal or lock him up as long as possible IMO.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote