View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Erlich Bachman
Damnit, Jian Yang!

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
Meh, I don't know RL. It's kinda hard to have to sit through a lockout not being able to root for your favorite player on your favorite team, only to have it end and then still not be able to root for your favorite player on your favorite team for all the same reasons you just had a lockout.

It kinda makes it hard to be a fan. I see what you are saying but honestly if I think of it as a business negotiation, I'm much more inclined to think we should be making a public statement that he has until the 1st to sign his offer or will be moved to the highest bidder at the close of business on the 6th. In a business you don't let assets rust...you use them and if you can't you sell them to someone who can for the best price possible.
Believe me, I'm fighting the same feelings that many others in this and previous O'Reilly threads have.

I just don't feel that we should attack him, or even his family, even if it is in a joking manner.

If what TPS has recently said is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then that would indicate that O'Reilly and his agent are having problems with UPPER Management, people along the lines of Sherman/The Lacroix's/etc.

At the end of the day, we all say that it's "just business" so he shouldn't take things personally...perhaps we should practice what we preach, no matter how hard that may be.

***EDIT***

But believe me Expat, I completely understand the viewpoint you share, and can even see myself on that side as well