View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Hodgy

vCash: 500
I don't think it is all that surprising. When you break down our current lineup, it is easy to see why we are having difficulties scoring goals. In fact, I think the coaching staff is well aware of this. As a result, I think the coaching staff has the team playing a much more defensive style of play, not that dissimilar from the style we played when Daniel Sedin was out of the lineup last year in the playoffs.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

They have been pretty good. Unfortunately, the Sedins look slower than ever and they appear to be shaking off some rust. Hopefully they can get back to where they were last year and can be point per game players. On the other hand, Kassian has been excellent. Can't ask for much more from him.

Raymond - Schroeder - Weise

This line hasn't been able to produce much offensively. Raymond has been very good and has been able to produce despite playing with unproven offensive players. However, Raymond is a bit of a top six tweener and really shouldn't be expected to carry a second line offensively. Weise is more of a bottom six player, and at this point, should be on the 4th line. Schroeder has been good defensively but hasn't been able to produce much offensively. By my count he has just two scoring chances and needs to find a way to generate more shots. Overall, for a second line, this line is quite poor offensively.

Hansen - Burrows - Higgins

This line is good defensively but really shouldn't be expected to produce much offensively. You have the most gifted, offensively, of the three playing in his off position which doesn't help. Higgins also looks rusty as hell and appears to have lost a step. Hopefully he can shake that rust off. Hansen has been ok offensively, but as we all know, his strength is tenacious, hard checking, sound defensive hockey.

Hodgy is offline   Reply With Quote