: Value of:
Jarome Iginla and Cory Sarich to Pittsburgh
View Single Post
01-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Join Date: Feb 2009
Originally Posted by
Good luck with all that...
1. Not overvaluing or undervaluing anyone...I'm simply realistic given the last major trades involving All Stars...they NEVER go for as much as this board says they do.
2. TK is top 6 capable and Dumoulin is hardly a "B-Prospect". But yeah lets forget about the pick I offered too.
3. It might start there...but its going no further than that. Morrow, Harrington, Pouliot, and maybe even Bennett are off the table. They have more value to us moving forward than Iggy would.
4. Iggy was good back in the day...but not Jagr good. At that time Jagr >> Iggy.
1. How is asking for a top five prospect in an organization + late first round pick for a star player unrealistic? That falls right in line with nearly every comparable trade in the past half a decade.
2. Tyler Kennedy is not a go to top six player. He may have the ability to play that role in a pinch, but he is certainly not a player that you want to consistently rely upon to produce offensively. Maybe calling Brian Dumoulin a "B level prospect" is unfair, but he is by no means has an overwhelming upside or is a sure bet to be anything more than a bottom pairing defender at this point in time. I presumed your offer was based on the OP's proposal which included Sarich. I value him at around a 2nd round pick. I did not ignore it, but either way the offer falls short.
3. Obviously the Penguins are higher on certain prospects within their organization, but if they are serious in landing a player of Iginla's caliber then they cannot have a list of five or six prospects that they would be unwilling to move. That is where the negotiations begin as you said. We can both agree on that.
4. Well this debate is certainly not necessary for this thread, but ten years ago Iginla was coming off a season at the age of 24 in which he led the NHL in points by six, and goals by eleven. He was about as untouchable of a player as you would find at the time.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by HighLifeMan