Thread: Recalled/Assigned: 2013 Dallas Stars Roster Movement
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'm surprised that I've like Garbutt so much this year. He looked good last year. I loved his energy, but he's really playing well this season. I wish it was still easy to just say that guy should be a 13th/14th forward, but his speed and play have really forced him into the conversation for the Top 12. That sucks for Vincour because I think it will be difficult to stay in the lineup as a Bottom 6 winger when Morrow, Nystrom and Garbutt seem like locks.
Nystrom and Morrow should go. Garbutt has energy but really lacks NHL skill. Its only because we forecheck so poorly as a team does Garbutt stand out. The lines are a mess. Yes injuries matter but Gully is pretty bad. I hope we get what we can at the deadline-we have a ton of assets worth dealing. Its also time to think about a quantity for quality deal if one comes up. I also wonder what smith has done to be demoted. With Nystom -Fiddler-Morrow and whoever-Roussel-Garbutt, we have two lines that cannot sniff a goal.

Good thing is that this team could be a huge player at the deadline. Bad thing, GMJN is gm and Gully is coach. The weird thing is that we are getting closer but the caoching has to be better, the deadweight needs to be traded and GMJN needs to make more deals like the Ribs trade and less like the Neal deal.

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote