View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:22 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Miller is not close to ready. From the games I have seen he wouldn't even be in the top-5 players I would call up first.

He is 19 playing in the AHL. Let him develop properly.

If I am moving Stepan, I look for a player like Lucic, Kane or Pacioretty. Players teams don't move so it's a moot point.

The team has had A LOT of turnover already. Chemistry would be a major problem if more big deals are made and Stepan has the makings of a 1b center in the NHL. Why move him?
A fair question deserving an honest answer.

We are a very good team. But we need to improve to get dominant, and even then, nothing is in the bag.

Winning is not everything. But it properly is the goal we shoot for.

I remember the magnificent and entertaining Rangers of the Park-Ratelle era, who lost only due to the greatest player ever IMO, Bobby Orr, and a phenomenal Canadiens team.

I'd like to see the current Rangers grow into, if not a dynasty, at least champions.

But we need a couple of bigger upgrade moves to get there.
If we don't go there, we are taking our chances, which are respectably very good, but not ironclad.

Accordingly we should make moves if they are net profit.

As I said, I agree Miller could use more seasoning, and he's gotta fill out. But if we just asked for basic d at a minimum and to use his speed to set up players with faster Ws, we'd be ahead of the game, TAKING INTO ACCOUNT WE'D HAVE SOMETHING IN RETURN FOR STEPAN.