View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:26 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
OK, I'll spell it out for ya

The truth that Windsor is in the crapper. Trying to win a Memorial Cup bid with a team lucky to make the playoffs and losing 2 of their best players next year. No first round pick either. Praying that a bunch of US players will show up to save them. After next year, things are just gonna get worse unless Rychel gets off his ass and starts scouting Ontario players instead of taking shots at US players who he can't pay to come play anymore.
Don't get holier-than-thou either. You came to the KNIGHTS board and started with the rookie poster, dink crap.
And for the record, I'm more of the belief that 95% of Windsor fans are dinks and 5% good. I'm sure you can figure out where you lie.
Off to work now, good evening
The committee that selects Mem cup hosting looks at a whole set of criteria not just roster projection
While I would agree that the Knights roster outbids Windsor"s as a whole,the only area I say London is better is upfront,goaltending even,while on Defence Windsor gets the edge
On defence the Spits have 9 D-men who have played 5 or more OHL returning excluding overagers,while the Knights project only 4,excluding overagers
The Spits return all six starters,in fact that group of 6 I would put up against any teams returning D next yr
The Knights will lose Harrington,Hughes,Ferry and probably Sefton,who appears bored with junior and will sign with San Jose,which leaves Mermis,Zadorov,Maata and Liberati,along with youngsters with 1 game exp between the 2 of them,Centomane,and DeLorenzo
I would not be surprised if London adds 2 O/a on D next year,their front four are good but not enough to carry a team
With the exception of Seth Griffith I expect all forwards to return for London,though I expect Jammes to be dealt,But Owen Macdonald and Mike McCarron who could be the x factor here at 6"5 225lbs he would give the Knights much needed size ,those 2 forwards 1 of whom is an American would fill any gaps
Windsor projects only 9 returning forwards so I expect at least 1 maybe 2 O/a up front to go along with Giftopoulous
This is where the Spits would like to sign US forwards Nick Schmaltz and Evan Allen,not a bunch of Americans just 2,much like London recently signed in Mermis and Stolarz,and they want very badly to sign the big forward McCarron they acquired from Belleville
Yes Windsor does not have a 1st rder this coming draft,though they do have picks in every rd but the 8th,but they do have 2 1st rd picks in the Euro draft ,theirs and Niagaras,and I would say both would be based on how things are going would be in the top 30,or trade 2 of them to a team picking in the top 9, u will probably get a player better then what u would get in the 1st or at least more ready to contribute
In conclusion re forwards London at this time projects better then Windsor or anybody else wishing to bid
I like Windsor"s top 6,those 2 Americans a Euro and O/a would go along a way to narrow the gap in talent between the knights and spits up front thats for sure
Goaltending to me is even Pavelka/Dekort vs Stolarz/Patterson
If London had not hosted in 2005 and they the team had hosted other league and CHL events leading up to this upcoming mem cup selection in the last 3 years London would host,howver Windsor has done these events,and should they meet all the requiremments from the committee then why not
I think its between Windsor and London,and both would be great hosts,i just think its Windsor's turn