View Single Post
01-30-2013, 10:26 PM
Not so fast,
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
Playing is so much funner then watching. Just remember, the NHL is only an entertainment business, it has no ownership over hockey, look to other amateur organizations like USA Hockey to find people who truly care more.
True. I'm thankful to the NHL for giving me the nudge to start playing. I had never attended a game before last October and now I'm playing 4 times a week. I'm having fun and moving my butt and getting in shape. I've met a bunch of great people who have become both teammates and friends.

Back when the season ended in may I was sad at the thought that hockey was "over." then the lockout came along and I found other ways to watch. And I played a lot. When the season finally started, I was actually a bit disappointed because going to watch a game means missing a chance to play a game. That's when I realized that while the NHL is nice, it's not the only game in town. Far from it.

Any buzz the team had after the deep playoff run has dissipated. It was squandered.

And I've realized that not only will I not be surprised to see tomorrow come and go without a completed sale, I also won't care. Life will go on and I'll have a bit of extra money and time available.