View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Adam Warlock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
the thing with homer was dumb was that he should have never went after zach p and suter because there were hints that they didnt want to come here yet he still went after them thinking that money would change their minds and it didnt, it backfired, and they were other good players out there that would make this team better instead he was wasting time trying to get an answer. the smart thing was he should have just dropped out and fill in the pieces.
You also have to remember, the Pens were the favorite to land Parise and Suter...Homer was the one who entered the bidding war and pushed the Pens right out of it. Minny was willing to match the Flyers offer, the Pens werent. I personally dont think Homer ever expected to land Parise or Suter, I think their whole offseason was planned around getting Weber. I think Homer raised to market value to make Weber want more, and then swooped in with the offer sheet designed to screw Nashville over if they matched. It was pretty ingenious, the only problem was Nashville did match it, which I think surprised everyone since it was such a risky move financially.

The way I see it, if the Flyers asked themselves "would we rather be safe and sign Carle knowing we can get him for sure, or do we role the dice and go after a top 3 defenseman in the league knowing its a 50/50?" They chose the latter, I think most of us would have picked that too if asked it at the start of the offseason.