View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:35 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
It seems to me that it's basically proven at this point that you have to constantly have guys who can play at the NHL level coming through your system at all times. We also can use the cap to the fullest so as long as we can promote 1 or two bodies every year from within we can supplement high end talent with FA's and trades which is what we've been doing successfully.Also I think our RW depth is horribly uncertain. Ironically it's the one area where we took chances and loaded up on high talent higher risk guys like Zuccarello and CT. In no way do I think we should change our strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
this discussion will never end unless and until mcilrath plays in the nhl at a level equal to the best case scenerio described by gordie clarke in all his interviews after the 2010 draft.
I don't even think it's a discussion it's too blatant that we did not pick the guy who is best for our organization nor is he the best talent we could have grabbed. I do think he will be a good player for us at the very least but Tarasenko was one of the best prospects in the world and looks to be one of the best bright young talents in the world. McI can never hope to equal that...Vlad could fail to deliver and McI could then surpass him. Regardless I'm happy to have DM in our system and am excited that he will be a phenomenal Ranger to watch.

shinchanyo is online now   Reply With Quote