View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Does anyone else think Dean should explore Dwight King's trade value?

A lot of teams out there would love to have a young, cheap, big bodied forward that was a starter for the SC champions and chipped in some big goals.

I only say this because I think his performance last year was a bit of an aberration. IMO, he's not good enough offensively for a top 6 role, and doesn't bring enough physicality/energy or defensive skill to the bottom 6. I don't think there's anything he does that Penner/Richardson/Vey couldn't do, and I think his trade value could be surprisingly high.
I guess it depends on what the return is and if it makes the Kings a better team. But seeing how he can dominate along the boards and can work the front of the net, I think the Kings would miss his presence. Remember how terrible the third line was before King was put on there? They couldn't be counted on to provide supplementary scoring before King was put with Stoll and Lewis.

There are quite a few names I'd move before Dwight King. He doesn't do anything special that makes him stand out, but when you take him out of the lineup, I think it's going to be noticeable. Who knows though, I think Tanner Pearson has a real shot to make the Kings within the next two seasons, replacing Penner on the 2nd line.